Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Question 5

I try to be environmentally conscious when it comes to everyday choices. However, I hardly ever think about the environment when buying food. There are a large amount of things I cannot eat, so my health comes first when I am picking out food. Other then that, price is my biggest concern when buying food. I ideally, I think buying locally grown food is best for the environment but there isn't any place within walking distance where that is provided. I do buy locally grown food at the farmer's market in MN when I am home. Also, in the summer, there is a small locally grown food stand by my apt in DC but there aren't many options.

I think all of the coffee I drink has the biggest impact on the environment. I should use a thermos but sometimes I forget, or don't clean it and it's too big to fit in the coffee machine at work. Therefore, i end up using many disposable cups. The amount of cups, lids, sleeves, sugar packets, etc. that I use is definitely harming the environment.

No comments: