Sunday, February 24, 2008

question 5

Unfortunately, I don't really think about the environmental impact of the food I buy either. Like Joanna, price is the number one thing I really look at, especially lately. Actually, since I came to college, my eating habits have been terrible and I've made some ill-advised unnecessary purchases, so I'm trying to save as much money as I can, even with food. I don't care if it tastes like plywood, if it's cheap, I'll eat it.
I think the microwave dinners I've been having a lot of lately probably have the most environmental impact (they were on sale for a dollar each at Giant). I don't know exactly how they prepare those, but I'm assuming that they're both unhealthy and environmentally unfriendly. There's the box, the little tray, the plastic wrap, all the ingredients, etc. Also, organic food is usually healthier and more environmentally friendly (that's what I heard anyway, I'm not sure) and microwave dinners are definitely not organic.

No comments: